The Chalet at 11˚ East is still in full summer mode with the warm and sunny weather continuing on. Residents and visitors to Obergurgl are revelling in the hiking, biking and horseback riding and the ski equipment remains completely out of sight! The timing could not be better to bring out some of our Chef Amy’s summer recipes, starting with her lemon meringue ice cream with raspberry coulis. Enjoy!
Lemon Meringue Ice-cream with Raspberry Coulis Recipe
- 2 tbsp fromage fras
- 450g carton Greek yoghurt
- 275ml double cream
- 175g icing sugar
- 3 lemons, zest only, finely grated
- 120g meringue nests, broken in to 10p sized pieces
- 450g/1lb good quality lemon curd
- Fresh raspberries and coulis, to serve
- In a large bowl, mix fromage frais, yoghurt, cream, icing sugar and lemon zest together with a hand whisk to thicken slightly.
- Fold in broken meringue, then lemon curd and stir gently to streak this through the mixture but not mix thoroughly.
- Line a loaf tin with cling film, and spoon the mixture in to the tin. Freeze.
- To serve, remove the tin from the freezer as your guests sit down to eat.
- Slice in to 10 pieces, and serve a slice on each plate garnished with fresh raspberries and some coulis spooned around the edge.
Enjoy while the weather is still warm!